Garbanzo Bean and Greens WrapJul 24, 2020
This is easy to assemble garbanzo bean and greens wrap is one of my favorite go-to meals.
It got some Asian inspired spices and has all the
nutrients one needs for a delicious lunch or dinner.
4 cl garlic
1 large onion
3 cups vegetable broth or water
16 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
1 red pepper, diced
1.5 tsp curry
1 tsp turmeric
1 bunch organic kale, steamed & sliced
5 oz baby spinach
Dash of malt or apple cider vinegar
Salt & pepper
A few dashes of Tabasco
3 x 12" whole wheat wraps
1. Heat large sauté pan over medium heat and add onions and garlic with 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown and season with salt, pepper, and spices. Add more liquid to keep vegetables moist.
3. Now add remaining ingredients and let cook for about 8-10 minutes. Add as much broth to keep vegetables cooking in some liquid. However, let the liquid evaporate towards the end so when it comes to filling the veggies onto the wrap it wouldn't make it too mushy.
4. Heat wrap in microwave, oven, or grill for just a few seconds. Transfer 2 cups of vegetables onto the wrap and fold as shown in the video.
5. Cut in half and enjoy hot. Serve with your favorite sides such as steamed broccoli and dairy-free mashed potatoes, etc.
Feel free to increase or decrease the spices according to your liking. On the other hand, if you don't like Asian spices replace them with oregano, parsley, and or Italian seasonings.
Steaming the kale before adding it to the veggies will greatly speed up the cooking process.
Then add a few dashes of vinegar as this will break down the kale in making it more tender.
If you don't have a wrap or want to keep it Gluten - Free, simply serve it as a vegetable stew with brown rice or mashed potatoes.
Book Your FREE “Holistic Wellness Call"
Would you like to learn more about how I help people over 40 lose weight through a holistic plant-based lifestyle? Maybe you have tried all the diets and workouts and are still not happy with your results? You could be missing a few key “ingredients”. Book a free call so we can discuss the best steps for you to take.
The Tastiest Way to Eat Your Veggies
Make Dinner Like a World-Class Chef
(Without Spending Years in the Kitchen)
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.